The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Mashle: Magic and Muscles Review

Possible spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn’t watched/ read Mashle: Magic and Muscles!!! 

Summary:

Baby Mash Burnedead

This anime starts off by showing us the main character, Mash Burnedead, who was abandoned as a baby. One day, a man who was about to do something he’d regret found him and decided to take him in and raise him on his own. Now, Mash has to be secluded from society because magic is everything in the world he lives in. That being said, he was born without magic. Throughout his years, he developed a strong physique which helped him fight against magic with just his raw strength!

One day, his adoptive father had to go out to run errands, but told Mash to stay home while he was out so he wouldn’t be spotted by the police (having no magic is a huge crime in this world). Mash, who is obsessed with cream puffs, decides to go against his fathers wishes and leave the house to buy some. The locals see that he doesn’t have a line on his face. (The lines on peoples faces determine how powerful their magic is. One line is basic magic power, two is very great, and three is rare, but shows how much your magic has developed and how powerful you’ve become). The police catch on and track him down to where he lives and decide to try and detain him, but fail because Mash could overpower them with his strength. The officers give him a proposal to attend Easton Magic Academy to become a divine visionary in order for them to look past him being magic less. A divine visionary is someone who is chosen by ‘god’ to protect the world and uphold peace.

What I think:

There are a total of 25 episodes in the anime with 13 episodes in the first season and 12 episodes in the second season. The anime is completed, as it has covered all of the manga which is also completed.

If you have not watched the show or read the manga, DEFINITELY check it out! It’s worth the watch/ read. The story is unique, has good animation, cool characters, and more! Mash is a really fun main character, with his story being really emotional yet entertaining to watch. There’s lots of comedy throughout the show which is fun as well. There are a lot of people who agree that there are some Harry Potter references, which is funny to see.

This show would be a good start for anyone who’s just starting to get into anime! I rate the show a 9.5/10.