Sadie Hawkin’s 2021 – “Lights, Camera, Action!”

Katelyn Smith

To answer a big question on everyone’s mind, “Will there still be a Sadies’ this year?”; Yes but in a COVID-friendly way. There will be a spirit week along with three events for students to participate in, one being a semi-formal. Here is all the information you need to know about them.

Spirit Day Themes

• Monday – MTV Monday
    • Wear your favorite band shirts or dress like a musician.
  • Tuesday – Duo Day
    • Dress as your favorite movie duo or group (examples include Batman and Robin; Shaggy and Scooby Doo)
  • Wednesday – Wild West Wednesday
    • Giddy Up! Take it back to the days of John Wayne with cowboy boots, hats, and your favorite flannel.
  • Thursday – Throwback Movie Thursday
    • Dress as your favorite vintage movie character (examples include The Pink Ladies fromĀ Grease, or Marty McFly)
  • Friday – Caviler Spirit Day
    • Every Cavalier is a star! Show off your school spirit by wearing our school colors.

Events

Trivia Night – Tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, March 2

Tuesday, March 2, there is a Trivia Night being hosted in the Cafeteria from 6:00-7:30 P.M. Teams of four may sign up for free at the event. The top three teams will be awarded prizes. This event might be moved to Wednesday or cancelled due to the Capital City Boys Basketball District game vs. JC.

“Seeing Stars” Dodgeball Tournament – Thursday, March 4

Teams of six are going head to head Thursday Night in a single-elimination style Dodgeball Tournament. The games will be held in the CCHS Gym from 6:00-8:30. It is both free to attend and compete. To sign up your team of six, complete this Google Form here.

Talent Show – Friday, March 6

Come enjoy acts from your peers and a Professional Stage Hypnosis Show at the Sadie’s Talent Show. The show will be held at CCHS from 7:00-9:30 and students are encouraged to dress semi-formal; like they would for a typical school dance. Tickets will be on sale for $5 during Sadie’s Week and can only be sold to Capital City students with 90% attendance and no outstanding discipline. Student ID’s are required for entry.

If students wish to audition an act into the Talent Show, auditions will be held after school, Monday, February 22nd, in the Black Box Theatre. All acts are welcome and unique acts are highly encouraged.

For more info, click here is the link to the Sadie’s Announcement Video.