The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Top 5 Video Games of 2023

1. Baldurs Gate 3

I believe this game highly deserves the number 1 spot on this list. The plot and or summary of this game is about the main character who starts off on a nautiloid. The main characters, alongside their fellow prisoners, are being kept in a holding pod. They are then implanted with a tadpole that is parasitic and transforms the people into illithids. (Illithids are human-looking creatures with squid/octopus-looking heads.) That being said, the transformation does not take place, and the ship becomes bombarded by “githyanki” warriors. There’s also a god that is called The Absolute who threatens to take over and destroy the entire world with the illithids. The cool thing about this game is that it’s both a single-player and multi-player that is effortlessly blended together perfectly, AND it has won the Game of the Year Award (2023)! This game keeps a grip on you and has you very addicted and engaged.

2. Final Fantasy 16

Now, I haven’t finished the entire game yet, but the graphics, storyline, and characters are amazing and they put a lot of detail into this game. This incredibly long Final Fantasy game series has been widely loved across the globe and is easily top 5. Final Fantasy 16 is about the tensions between the nations escalating as the s

3. Diablo IVĀ 

The first few seasons have been rocky but overall this is an amazing game to play through and you could have your friends to help you through

the story. Overall it’s a good experience and it’s worth a shot if you’re into games.

Diablo III: Eternal Collection for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

4. CyberPunk 2077 Phantom LibertyCyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty on GOG.com

This isn’t a 2023 game but the DLC is and the DLC revamped everything we knew about the game and it helped the game grow to popularity again. So many were talking about it and giving the game another shot. The game has a good story and graphics but personally not enough content to help the game stay relevant until the DLC came out. Overall the game is a good purchase if you’ve ever thought about buying it.

5. The Legend Of Zelda Tears Of The Kingdom

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Wikipedia

This was the long-awaited sequel to one the best Zelda games of all the. From the gameplay, game aspect, characters, boss fights, exploration, etc. The game is just great and a highly anticipated game sequel. It’s worth a shot if you’re a Zelda fan and are into Nintendo games.