The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Join French!

Growing the French Program
Join+French%21

Excited to pick new classes and explore new interests in your next year of high school? You should travel outside of the box and think about taking a language class to be more specific, French. French is super cool and inclusive being that more than one race and area speak the language. 

In our French class, we currently have a teacher, Mrs. Zeitz, a sweet lady who is very excited to expand her program. Being that you need two languages to graduate, we have three French classes. Where we do many different activities to not only teach us different things about French culture but also about the language to keep us engaged in her class. For example in French 1 on Mardi Gras, you will have a traditional cake with the vibrant colors of Mardi Gras. If you’re cool enough to do French to continue to French 2 you will be able to learn French songs, make crepes, and many other activities. Next year I will have the great opportunity to continue my French journey moving to French three which I’m sure is even better. Learning a new way of life only makes you easily relatable, inclusive, and diverse. It’s also a huge gold star for colleges when they see you want to be more diverse than just doing Spanish which is becoming a more generally speaking language year by year. Be different step out of your comfort zone and have fun. 

The work we do is also very inclusive. We learn lots of material using dances, gimkits, songs, edpuzzles, and lots of group work. So this class is perfect for you and a friend to take on the challenge and get a huge benefit out of it not only for college schools but also for life in general. Truly, let’s be honest, who hasn’t had a dream to go to Paris? Wouldn’t it be 10 times better if you could not only understand but speak to people in such a pretty place? Or imagine having the power to confuse your mom with the French you just learned at school. I mean just seriously consider it.  

If you would like to learn more about the teacher to knock out the first-day awkwardness, take a look at her personal teacher interview. (link to the story) Or go down to her room 107 2nd hour, 3rd 108, and 4th-7th in 122 and ask her some questions you might have about this wonderful course. Help expand the program!