Categories:

No Place Like Home-Coming!

Here’s what you need to know about the upcoming Homecoming dance!
No Place Like Home-Coming!

The Homecoming theme this year is “No Place Like Homecoming”!!

The planned time for homecoming in 2024 -2025 school year is going to be September 14th!

The week of Homecoming, there’s always a dress up week leading up to the dance! There will be a prize for people who participate in all of the dress up days!

The themes for the week are:

Monday: “Make yourself at home” – Wear pajamas

Tuesday: “Slide into home” – Wear a baseball jersey or shirt

Wednesday: “Me and my homies” – Twin day! (Find a friend to have matching outfits with)

Thursday: “Home away from home” – Wear a travel shirt from your favorite destination

Friday: “No place like home” – Wear blue and silver! (GO CAVS GO!!)

Homecoming is always on Saturday, and you will have to purchase a ticket which will be offered during your lunch period the week before Homecoming. On the night of Homecoming, once you make it inside and present the teachers your ticket and student ID, the party will be in the gym, be sure to have fun!

You are allowed to invite someone from a different school, but just be sure to fill out the form that allows your friend to attend!

More events before the Homecoming dance:

1. the powder-puff football game on Tuesday, Sept. 10, here at CCHS at 7:30 P.M.

2. Homecoming parade downtown on Thursday, Sept 12, at 6:30 P.M.

3. Homecoming assembly is Friday, Sept 13.

4. The homecoming football game is Friday at 7 P.M. against Hickman High School.

5. Homecoming dance is (of course) on Saturday. The dance is from 8 P.M. through 11 P.M.

Be sure to have lots of fun at Homecoming everyone! I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s lovely outfits!

Donate to The Plume
$20
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Capital City High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.