Joe Collier Named Cavalier Football Head Coach

[CCHS Activities Department Release]

Joe Collier has been named the new Head Football Coach at Capital City High School.

Collier has spent the last 16 years as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Rock Bridge High School.

“I’m so grateful for this head coaching opportunity and I’m looking forward to building upon the great foundation already at Capital City High School,” Collier said in a release from the Jefferson City School District. “I can’t wait to bring my years of coaching experience and dedication to improving the lives of student-athletes to the CCHS school family and football program.”

In addition to his football coaching duties at Capital City, Collier will teach strength and conditioning classes at the high school and coordinate the strength and conditioning program.

“When hiring coaches at CCHS we look for candidates who can foster positive relationships with our kids and push them to become the best versions of themselves,” CCHS Athletic Director Robert Ndessokia said. “We are excited to have someone of coach Collier’s character influencing and empowering our students on a daily basis. He will be a huge asset to the Jefferson City School District.”

Since 2006, Collier has served as the home-school communicator at Rock Bridge and started working as a physical education teacher in 2019. He also has been an assistant wrestling coach for the Bruins.

Collier earned his bachelor’s degree in education from Westminster College in 2001 and master’s degree in education from William Woods University in 2003.

Collier was an offensive lineman at Homestead (Fla.) High School before playing college football at the College of the Sequoias in Visalia, Calif., and Westminster.

Collier replaces Shannon Jolley, who stepped down after the 2020 season to take the head coaching position at School of the Osage. The Cavaliers were 1-7 in their first varsity season last fall.