CCHS Prom Details: A First Look

Everything you need to know regarding the upcoming Capital City Junior Prom

Kalynn Meineker

Per District approval, Capital City High School is pushing ahead to hold a Junior Prom. Having been absent of dances and large gatherings all school year, student desires are at long last satisfied. The prom and its venue will be situated outside on the CCHS tennis courts and held on Saturday, May 1st between the times of 7-10 PM. Students will not be permitted to attend the dance if they show up later than 8 PM.

Like other school dances in the past, 90% attendance is required to buy tickets for the forthcoming occasion, as well as having all fines and expenses paid off. Students must also not have any outstanding discipline such as OSS or SSC. Tickets will be available for purchase starting Monday, April 26th and run until lunch time on Friday, April 30.

In the case of inclement weather, prom will be pushed back to Saturday, May 8th. In the event of inclement weather on both dates, no event will be held.

Students are still being asked to proceed with caution. If you or someone you’ve encountered has developing COVID-19  symptoms, the school kindly asks that you refrain from attending and stay home. This is to keep students and staff at CCHS as safe as possible. Also, please note and understand the possible risks of attending a large gathering.

The school is very excited to return to a small form of normalcy and is thrilled to grant students the excitement and anticipation that has been long-awaited.

Hope to see you there!