Student Feature: Q&A Goals for this School Year

Nataly Ortiz

With the school year off and running, I gathered some students to interview and asked them questions about their goals for this school year as well as their plans after graduation.

Luis Lanos (12)

Q: What are your goals for this school year?

A: “My goal is to try to graduate early and make new friends but not freshmen because they are a hassle”.

Q: How are going to make that goal possible?

A: By taking e2020 and passing my regular classes. 

Q: Plans after graduation?

A: I really don’t have plans because we’re trying to see if we’re going to continue living here but mostly go to college. No college in mind but I want something that sparks my interest. I want to be an engineer or a real estate agent. It’s not for money but to explore new places as a real agent and by doing Engineering I will be learning technology

Deniz Ortiz (11)

A: One of my biggest goals is to pass my classes. And to actually focus in school because last year I was slacking. And not doing my work.

Q: How are you going to make that goal possible?

A: By putting my phone away because my phone is my distractor.

Q: Plans after graduation?

A: I want to take a gap year and work for college. I want to study forensics crime investigation. I want to go to college in Illinois. Because I want to be someone in the future. I have always been into crime investigation and watched a lot of true crimes on my own time. And also want to help families and give them closure.

Sinai Luna (11)

A: To pass all my classes, and understand the material. To be successful for myself and the future. 

Q: How are you going to make that possible?

A: By paying  attention in class and turning in my work on time 

Q: Plans after graduation?

A: I probably either join the military or go to college to be able to start my own business. I enjoy cooking Mexican dishes and also love making desserts. I cook for myself and enjoy helping my mother with different types of dishes. And for the military, I want to challenge myself.

Fernando Martinez (12)

A: My main goal is to finish my senior year and graduate. 

A: I will have to turn in all of my assignments on time

Q: Plans after graduation?

A: I really don’t have a plan after graduation maybe still continue working where I’m currently working at. I want to continue earning money for myself and hustle to be dependent.