Reviewing the 2022-2023 School Year

Another successful year comes to an end at Capital City High School. The year was filled with excellent sporting events, beautifully put together dances, and many many memories. Here are the major events that took place this school year and made it special:

Academics:

Sports:

There were many teams that made it to the top of the table this year at Capital City, but a few have really engraved their names in Capital City History:

• Back-to-Back District Championship for Girls’ Tennis.
  • Back to Back CMAC championship for Girls’ Soccer
  • Boys’ tennis had 3 medalists and one state qualifier for state.
  • 2 state qualifiers for boys golf!
  • The CCHS cheer team won the CMAC Championship.
  • Archery placed 6th in state and got qualified for Nationals.

Music:

• The Capital City 2nd Annual Holiday Showcase was magnificently carried out by CCHS Band, Choir, and Orchestra.
  •  Symphonic Orchestra got an overall 1 at MSHSAA
  • High School Musical put together by the CCHS theatre was a huge success and the team is going to nationals!

Dances!

• Homecoming- Fairy Tale-Themed, most eventful week Homecoming was the perfect start to the year. Spirit dress days, Powderpuff, Waffle Breakfast, Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally, Homecoming Assembly, Varsity Football game (against JC in which we won), and then, the dance.
  • Around the World-themed Sadies was filled with so many fun spirit days. A passport was handed out to students and they would get a stamp for every day they dressed up for the spirit days. At the end of the week, a raffle was drawn and 15 students who got all 4 stamps won a free Chick-Fil-a Meal.
  • Ultimately, Prom marked the end of the high school journey for the seniors. The Senior Graduation will take place at CC at 7:00.

CLASS OF 2023 IS THE FIRST CLASS THAT WENT TO CAPTIAL CITY ALL FOUR YEARS! 

This Year for me:

I do have to say, this year went by too quickly, but it has been so much fun for me. I met so many new people as I got myself involved in many clubs and organizations. I got so much experience this year and am very grateful to have met people that encouraged and supported me throughout. High School is so much more fun when you’re with the right people. I feel like we all learned something this year, something to take with us wherever we’re going next.

The school year of 2022-2023 comes to an end, let’s see what next year has to offer.

Signing off, your favorite journalist,      Prinitha Sivaselvan