The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

The Minds behind the helmets

Thoughts from CCHS Footballs players about the first home game.
Landon B
Landon B

I went around our school and asked a couple of our star players from the battle vs. capital city game and noticed lots of them had the repeated phrase ” We could’ve done better” Some of the players took this almost-win very hard on themselves others were satisfied with the win but most definitely ready to show out, work and improve as the season goes on. But the players whose opinions really stood out were Isaiah, Gage, Reyce. Isaiah Franklin said, “We definitely played terribly, We didn’t start how we should but going more throughout the season we’re going to continue to work at practice.” Then continuing to another unique statement about the game was from Gage CoatesĀ  saying “I’m satisfied with the win but I wish we could’ve dominated them and played to our level.” Lastly, Reyce Turner’s statement was “We could outscore them kids, we let the hype get to our heads and missed the opportunity to do our assignments and get the job done but next time we see them just know” From hearing what goes on in the minds of some of your own follow students and game winners keep in the back of your mind we are there to support our student-athletes so continue to cheer loud and give them you support to continue through this challenging season.