The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Your Far Away Boo Thang

The basics to long distance relationships during highschool

If you are like me and do want to date anyone at your school because you think it is cringy, or just understand there there are more people out in the world than just your fellow classmates. This is absolutely the story for you, this story is going to include some very vital advice on how to maintain a healthy long-distance relationship.

The first step or understanding you and your partner must come to is that this is nowhere near easy, trust no high school relationship is anywhere near easy especially long-distance ones, No matter how far the distance from Columbia to Texas these things are very difficult. So you must be mature, understanding, and very mindful. Mature because you have to think ahead of yourself self plan accordingly so your parents won’t have to worry and so you’ll both have all the answers to all of the wild questions parents love to ask. Take multiple Facetime calls and texts to figure hangouts and big events out long ahead of time and that will help you in the long run.

Another key point to keep in mind is that you have to be understanding because we are in high school there is lots of school work and different clubs and sports going on all at one time so your partner may not always be available to take all day every day and you have to understand that. Also, the age group/grade your partner falls in depends on how hard the class is and how much they carry on their backs on a day-to-day basis so you have to be understanding of the fact that they are going to be tired.

One more thing that is also vital to think about is having a mindful mindset in the fact that you have to trust the other partner and really forget and learn from your past. This creates a deeper and stronger connection and bond between you and your partner that will keep you more engaged with them. Then knowing your past and them knowing that you trust them with that knowledge will allow them to come to you about their past and also learn how to reflect and do things differently so things won’t end the same. Continue to watch and tune in to these articles for more advice I will be dropping them every week to two weeks. If you need personal advice or to email me about what you need help with email me (Myla Wilson) and I will make an anonymous section addressing couple advice because more than just you are having the same issue trust.