The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Top 5 Best Thanksgiving Foods

I rank the 5 best Thanksgiving foods in my opinion!

1. Stuffing

Stuffing is MUST HAVE staple during Thanksgiving. Most stuffings are mixed with juices from the turkey, making it so fatty and delicious! It tastes amazing, has a great texture, and can be made in many different types of ways for people to enjoy!

2. Turkey

Other than ham, the turkey is the main part of a Thanksgiving dinner. The problem is, sometimes the turkey turns out dry and flavorless, but the best turkey is, of course, when it’s nice and juicy and gives you a PUNCH of flavor! If it’s cooked right, then it’s definitely in second place!

3. Mashed Potatoes

These are another staple at the dinner table during Thanksgiving and they’re sooooo good to enjoy with turkey! In my opinion, mashed potatoes are a perfect creamy mixture to go with basically every dish during Thanksgiving. It tastes great with vegetables, turkey, stuffing, and bread. MAKE SURE TO PUT GRAVY!!!

4. Pumpkin Pie

You can never go wrong with pumpkin pie and whipped cream piled on top. It’s one of the best desserts during the autumn season and not just Thanksgiving dinner! If you’ve never had pumpkin pie or don’t like it, then you’re missing out! Next time you get the chance, take a big bite of pumpkin pie at a Thanksgiving gathering!

5. Apple Pie

Apple pie is another great pie to enjoy during Thanksgiving, warm apples with a delicious sugary goodness surrounded by a crispy crust. Not to mention, it’s PERFECT with some ice cream! Not only is the super cold ice cream a nice feeling to eat with some really warm pie, but the flavors together just work! You should try some apple pie with ice cream, I recommend it!