The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Arcades. Should They Return?

Arcades have been a big part of many peoples lives, so it struck me a bit oddly whenever nobody reacted to the slow decline of arcades here in JC. And to those who await another game review, its coming, don’t stress. Anywho, my point is that arcade should make a return. They provided a place to socialize, make new friends, and discover what you liked. It’s definitely something that should be taken as thought, as personally, going to an arcade out of state was way cheaper, as well as more accessible than having to wait in order to buy a game. Plus, nothing beats the rush of discovering a friend who likes the same game as you. This is part of the reason I believe Arcades should make a return to JC.

Another part of why I think JC should make a return is that the arcades host a wide variety of games that allow for someone new to waltz in, and get hooked onto something they like. It not only acts as a place where people can come together by chance and end up becoming friends, and that aspect is something that I truly like about arcades

What about you, the people who read these stories? What do you think on the topic of arcades coming back to Jefferson City? Would you be interested in it?