The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Movies to Watch for Valentine’s Day

Want to know what to watch for Valentine’s Day? Check this article out

IntroductionHappy Valentines Day 2023: Images, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Cards,  Greetings, Pictures and GIFs - Times of India
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! And it’s time to discuss some iconic romance movies to watch while celebrating Love Day! So grab your sweetarts and Hershey’s and let’s get watching!

Valentine’s Day Valentine's Day (2010 film) - Wikipedia
Of course the first movie is going to be Valentine’s Day(2010). The  movie takes place over the course of many different stories happening on Valentine’s Day. Starring a range of famous actors and actresses including Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Garner, Taylor Swift, Jamie Foxx, Bradley Cooper, and many more. The movie shows interconnected stories from young love, old flames, and first dates.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' Revolutionized Rom-Coms 20 Years Ago –  IndieWireHow to Lose a Guy in 10 Days 
An iconic 2000s romance classic, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days(2003) is the perfect movie to watch for Valentine’s Day. A newspaper writer, Andie Anderson, wants to publish more than just advice for young girls. She makes a bet with her boss that she can act like the crazy girlfriend for a guy for ten days straight. Benjamin Barry on the other hand makes a bet that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days. Will they fall in love? Or will Andie win her bet?

Pretty Woman (1990) - Filmaffinity

Pretty Woman
A classic romantic comedy, Pretty Woman(1990) is a critically acclaimed film and has changed the romance genre. A Cinderella adaptation, the film explores the challenges of a relationship between a prostitute(Julia Roberts) and a businessman(Richard Gere) who fall for one another in an unlikely situation.

Crazy, Stupid, Love Review - HeyUGuysCrazy, Stupid, Love
This romance film will make you laugh and cry all at the same time! Crazy, Stupid, Love(2011), starring Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, and Steve Carell interconnects three different stories in an unlikely turn of events. Featuring family bonds, young love, and new relationships, the film never skips a beat and shows the beauty of family.

Dirty Dancing Dirty Dancing: 6 things you didn't know about the cult film | Vogue France
Another classic! Dirty Dancing(1987) is probably the most popular romance film, known best for its high strung dancing and heartfelt songs. Starring Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, and Cynthia Rhodes. This romantic dance movie will make you want to dance in the kitchen, sliding on the wooden floor! A perfect Valentine’s Day movie!

Why relationship experts hate 'The Notebook'The Notebook
Mill worker Noah Calhoun(Ryan Gosling) is desperately in love with wealthy girl Allie Hamilton(Rachel McAdams), but her parents don’t approve. Their love story is read from a notebook in the present day. The heart crunching film won many movie awards including the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss. The Notebook(2004) is sure to make you cry.

I Want You Back I Want You Back - Amazon Prime Video Movie - Where To Watch
I Want You Back(2022), is a comedic romantic film starring Charlie Day(Peter), Jenny Slate(Emma), and Pete Davidson. Peter and Emma are total strangers, but when they meet coincidentally in a stairwell at their work, they both realize they’ve both been dumped on the same weekend. The newly found friends now make it a mission to get their ex’s back by using each other. It is absolutely hilarious and very heartfelt!

A modest 'Proposal' - Macleans.caThe Proposal 
The Proposal(2009) is a hilarious romance film starring Sandra Bullock(Margaret Tate), Ryan Reynolds(Andrew Paxton), Betty White(Grandma Annie), and many more! An unlikable boss forces her assistant to marry her in order to keep her visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada, but he has only one request, to fly to Alaska for her to meet his family. This unlikely duo will try to keep up the facade as long as they can.

About Time About Time | Rotten Tomatoes
About Time(2013) is a romantic science fiction film starring Rachel McAdams(Mary), Domhnall Gleeson(Tim), and Margot Robbie. At the age of 21, Tim learns from his father that the men in their family can time travel. Tim does this and  changes what had happened in the past, alternatively fixing his life. Tim then falls in love with Mary and has a family with her, but Tim finds that his ability can’t shield him and those he loves from the problems of what life has to offer.

50 First Dates50 First Dates - Plugged In
A classic and heart-strung Adam Sandler’s movie, 50 First Dates(2004) is a wonderful film full of hilarious situations and true romance. A perfect Valentine’s Day movie to watch. Starring, of course, Adam Sandler(Henry Roth), Drew Barrymore(Lucy), Rob Schneider(Ula), and many more familiar faces. Henry Roth falls in love with Lucy, a girl who doesn’t know she has short-term memory loss. Her friends and family are very protective of her and try to make it seem it’s the same day over and over again. Henry must convince them that he’s in it for love.