The Student News Site of Capital City High School

The Plume

The Plume

The Plume

Book Releases for November & December

Here’s a list of 5 books releasing during the month of November and December this year!
Book Releases for November & December

Every month, new books are coming out to look forward to. I would like to highlight some books coming out during November and December this year!

Let’s start off strong with a book by the author Dale Walls titled “The Queer Girl is Going to be Okay“. (This book released November 21st.) This story focuses on a transgender girl named Dawn. Dawn desperately wants love in her life but is also juggling the task of caring for her father with depression, along with creating/editing a short film for a festival to hopefully get her a scholarship to a film school.

Next is a book by the author Jesse Q. Sutanto titled “Didn’t See That Coming” that is to be released on November 28th. It’s about a gamer girl who has a secret online identity. She has an online bestie who she’s never met in person. . . that is until she so happens to transfer to the exact same school!

3rd on the list is “Kingdom of Without” by Andrea Tang, coming out November 28th. This book is “cyberpunk alternate history dystopia” where the Beiyang government took over Beijing in 1915 and ruled for 150 years a very strict class. That being said, the main character, Zhong Ning’er, 17, and living with her father, was addicted to drugs. Zhong Ning’er is then offered a job to break into a medicine/drug company called Lilium to rescue He Bailing, also known as the Lark, who has spoken out about the corruption of the government and seemed to be dead after a “rally gone wrong.”

The story “This Spells Love” by Kate Robb is about a woman named Gemma Wilde who was feeling sad after her long-time relationship fell apart. She decides to get together with her loved ones to cast a spell on herself to erase her memories of her ex, but she ends up waking up in an alternate reality, losing more than she had wished for. It releases on December 5th.

Every Time You Go Away” by Abigail Johnson comes out December 5th as well. The book starts 8 years ago with two young children, Ethan and Rebecca, two very trouble-making kids who do lots of things together. They even shared a kiss! Ethan’s mother takes him away, but Ethan still goes to visit Rebecca, leaving a flower on her windowsill when he visits. 5 years later, Ethan leaves for the final time from Rebecca’s house to take care of his drug-addict mother. A year later, Rebecca gets into a car accident with her father and ends up having to use a wheelchair to get around ever since.

At the current time, they find out if the troubles and problems they’ve gone through have fully torn them apart or if it brings them closer. . .